Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, SFBFS’ employment application (found here: https://www.sacramentofoodbank.org/jobs) which should include three professional references for consideration. No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) welcomes people of all backgrounds and circumstances, providing a judgement-free zone for individuals and families throughout Sacramento County. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. More information is available at www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Refugee Resettlement Caseworker is responsible for assisting the Refugee Resettlement Manager with caseloads in accordance with the up-to-date ‘Reception & Placement basic terms of the Cooperative Agreement’ between the Government of the United States of America and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). The Refugee Resettlement Caseworker must possess a strong desire to serve the refugee population and be dedicated to assisting them towards self-sufficiency and financial independence through trustworthy and high-quality resettlement services.
The Refugee Resettlement Coordinator will provide the following services to refugee clients (including but not limited to):
· Basic needs support for each case
· Receiving families at the airport, securing housing and coordinating move-ins
· Translations, both written and oral
· Assist with Cultural Orientation sessions
· Intake interviews, orientations, home visits, provide transportation to set appointments
· Attend trainings, keep accurate records of training history and remain up to date on Reception & Placement basic terms of the Cooperative Agreement. Including case notes, file preparation and maintenance
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Bilingual/Multi-lingual ability in both oral and written form preferred – Pashto/Dari/English - preferred
· Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner, capacity to prioritize and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines and strong organizational skills and detail-oriented· Ability to work late evening and nights
· Knowledge of local community service agencies and Microsoft Office programs
· Full Time, non-exempt position (primarily visiting clients homes, providing transportation and, in an office setting). Variable hours - Monday through Friday; may include nights, weekends and holidays as required
· Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/AD&D/LTD/retirement and more