Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
Applicants must e-mail resume, cover letter, SFBFS employment application (found at https://www.sacramentofoodbank.org/) to email@example.com for consideration.
No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) welcomes people of all backgrounds and circumstances, providing a judgement-free zone for individuals and families throughout Sacramento County. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. More information is available at www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Warehouse Assistant provides assistance in all areas of the warehouse with respect to shipping, receiving, organizing, sorting and inventorying all items, food and nonfood. Secondary duties involve equipment maintenance, supporting special events and attending distributions when necessary. In addition, he or she works under the direction of the Warehouse & Inventory Manager to complete all necessary tasks pertaining to assisting in the day-to-day physical operations and appearance of SFBFS’ Distribution Center in accordance with local, state and Feeding America’s standards.
The Warehouse Assistant will:
- Provide excellent customer service on dock when pulling and verifying agency orders and supervise loading of agency vehicles
- Receive donations and keeps accurate log entries of all donations
- Assist in guiding volunteer groups in sorting products and ensuring product quality control is maintained
- Follow procedures pertaining to proper handling of receipts, agency orders and inventory documentation
- Maintain the warehouse, freezer and cooler in a neat and orderly condition, including frequent trash removal, ensuring access to products and proper rotation
- Assist route drivers by assessing the condition of donations they pick up, placing acceptable products in proper storage and immediately discarding all unacceptable product
- Operate warehouse equipment in a safe manner
- Help conduct periodic physical inventories, as directed
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer programs and data entry requirements
- Food safety principles, practices and regulations
- Warehouse operations
- Inventory management
- Ability to analyze data and compile statistical summaries and reports and to operate a forklift
- Full-time, non-exempt position; Monday - Friday; occasional weekends and holidays as needed
- SFBFS’ Food Bank Services campus location
- Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/AD&D/LTD/retirement and more