Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, SFBFS’ employment application (found here: https://www.sacramentofoodbank.org/jobs) which should include three professional references for consideration. No phone calls please.
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) welcomes people of all backgrounds and circumstances, providing a judgement-free zone for individuals and families throughout Sacramento County. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. More information is available at www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Class A Driver is responsible for managing and collecting daily donations from grocery stores, wholesalers, farmers and individual corporate donors that are participating in donation drives in a timely fashion. In addition, drivers work in assisting with maintaining cleanliness and organization of warehouses and vehicle fleet.
The Class A Driver will:
- Drive SFBFS vehicles to accomplish all donation pick-ups, product deliveries and food drive barrel delivery/pick-up
- Use material handling equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) in a safe manner to perform all daily warehouse duties: receiving, storage, agency order pulling, salvage, produce sorting and receiving
- Maintain relationships between SFBFS and partner agencies, grocery stores and all other personnel
- Compile weights for all items picked up on grocery routes and additional pickups and complete proper paperwork for inventory of items
- Sort, organize and restock items in designated area in warehouse and coolers
- Adhere to proper standards regarding product quality, dating, and rotation on trucks and in warehouse
- Monitor equipment condition and maintain equipment logs; fill out vehicle log sheets
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Possession and maintenance of a clean California Class A driver's license
- One year of route driving experience with any of the following: tandem axel drive tractor, 10 speed transmission, 48ft – 53ft refrigerated and dry van trailers, 24ft – 26ft refrigerated and dry cargo box truck with liftgate
- Previous warehouse experience including: inventory/order picking, safe operation of forklifts, pallet jacks, other warehouse equipment, heavy lifting and other related warehouse tasks
- Ability to meet all physical requirements of the job (occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs., moving pallets up to 2,000 lbs., etc.)
- Professional demeanor, flexible, and able to respond to multiple demands and proven track record of dependability with an impeccable safety and attendance record
- Full time, non-exempt position; Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.; occasional weekends and holidays (SFBFS’ Food Bank Services campus / warehouse, on the road and sitting)
- Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/AD&D/LTD/retirement and more