Are you aware of how Social Security works? This webinar will help you understand the role your Social Security benefits can play in your financial future. For many people, Social Security plays a key role in their retirement income plan and because of that, their overall financial strategy. We will help you become more familiar with the current rules as well as discuss some strategies, including collecting benefits at age 62 as well as waiting until full retirement age or even age 70.
- The history of Social Security
- How to read your Social Security estimated benefits statement
- How delaying your Social Security benefits might help you in the long run
- Understanding the spousal benefits and survivor benefits to help provide for your family
- How working can affect your Social Security benefits
Financial Advisors are registered with, and securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. SAFE Credit Union and SAFE Financial Services are not registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using SAFE Financial Services, and may also be employees of SAFE Credit Union. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, SAFE Credit Union or SAFE Financial Services.
Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
• Not Insured by NCUA or Any Other Government Agency
• Not Credit Union Guaranteed
• Not Credit Union Deposits or Obligations
• May lose value
The LPL Financial registered representatives associated with this webinar may discuss and/or transact business only with residents of the states in which they are properly registered or licensed. No offers may be made or accepted from any resident of any other state.